Gynecomastia (Male Breast Reduction) Surgery in Delhi
Get the best cost of gynecomastia surgery in Delhi / male breast reduction surgery in Delhi by the best gynecomastia specialist surgeon in Delhi, India at IPACT Center provides the best & specialist cosmetic, and plastic surgeon in New Delhi, South Delhi (India) to remove excess glandular tissues and fat deposits to restore a more masculine, firmer, and flatter definition to the chest.
Living with overly large breasts is embarrassing for men. Though it is a common condition, Gynecomastia needs timely treatment. Gynecomastia surgery is the answer to large male boobs. The primary purpose of male breast reduction treatment is to remove excess glandular tissues and fat deposits to restore a more masculine, firmer, and flatter definition to the chest. Visit IPACT Medical Center and consult one of the best gynecomastia surgeon in Delhi to understand the procedure and its different aspects.
What is Gynecomastia?
Most people wonder about the term enlarged male breasts. Pseudo Gynecomastia, also known as Gynecomastia, is a medical term used for describing mushroomed breasts in men. In simple language, they are called enlarged male breast tissue. It is one of the most common conditions among men.
The condition can occur at any age. If it does not go on its own, Gynecomastia can be quickly and successfully treated with surgery. The results of this procedure are lasting, and you can get rid of the condition.
What causes Gynecomastia?
Causes vary from person to person and depend on the age group.
Newborn Babies or Infants
Babies are born with a hormone called Estrogen that is passed from the mother. It can become the cause of Gynecomastia in infant male babies. A type of breast bud develops because of this that usually disappears within six months of the birth.
Breast buds develop during this time and can last up to two years when a young boy attains puberty. The process happens during puberty and is consequential to hormonal irregularity.
The causes of this condition in adult men are mainly due to the anti-androgens used to treat specific health problems. These issues include heart medications, prostate enlargement, antidepressants, aids medication, and cancer medication. Street drugs and alcohol can trigger swollen breast glands in men. Some health conditions that impact the hormonal balance, such as renal failure, hyperthyroidism, tumor, hypogonadism, aging, malnourishment, and liver failure, also lead to Gynecomastia.
Gynecomastia can happen among men who have a family history. Also, men of a family with a history of breast cancer keep a check for the presence of the formation of clumps. It can also cause enlarged male breasts or even lead to male breast cancer if it is not treated timely.
At IPACT Center, our team of surgeons performs a series of investigations if you have a suspicion or are concerned with the possibility of Gynecomastia. Before prescribing any test, the cosmetic surgeon will discuss your medical history and health conditions. The surgeon will also perform a physical examination that might include an assessment of the abdomen, breast tissue, and genitals.
Tests To Diagnose Gynecomastia
Preliminary tests for identifying and finding the Gynecomastia causes might include the following:
- Blood Tests
In most cases, the surgeon recommends further testing based on initial tests. These tests might include:
- Testicular ultrasounds
- Computerized Tomography – CT scans
- Tissue biopsies
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging – MRI
What measures can help in getting rid of Gynecomastia?
One of the most common and preferred ways of treating enlarged male breasts is Gynecomastia. Though it is often the final resort, it is practical and result-oriented. The cosmetic surgery procedure is mainly designed to remove excess glandular tissues and fat deposits to restore a more masculine, flatter, and firmer chest definition. In the last few years, an increasing number of men have been opting for this procedure to get rid of this condition.
Surgery To Eliminate Enlarged Male Breasts
If you have oversized breasts that are significantly evident and you are concerned even after primary observation or treatment, your doctor will recommend the only option left – Surgery. There are three options to conduct gynecomastia surgery.
- Mastectomy or Excisional Surgery
- Combined Surgery (Excision and Liposuction)
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery procedure performed to remove fat deposits. In this case, it can remove the breast fat deposits, but not the breast tissue gland. This option is suitable for men who have moderate mushrooming of breasts minus a sizeable surplus in the amount of fat or skin in that particular area. Liposuction can be performed under either general or local anesthesia. Thus, it painlessly and safely removes the fatty components present in the breast tissue.
The advancement in technology has further made liposuction safe and effective. Modern methods of liposuction like Vaser Liposuction might be effective in removing or reducing breast size. Ultrasound energy is used for melting the fat before removing breast tissues. As the breast gland tissue does not have fatty tissue, liposuction cannot remove it.
Mastectomy or Excisional Surgery
Using this method, the surgeon makes a cut in your breast for accessing breast tissue. The incision is made in the region outside the areola. It allows the surgeon to reach out to the breast tissues and remove excess tissues from the breast.
A new method of excision like Mastectomy eliminates the breast gland tissue with only small incisions. This procedure is safe, less invasive, and requires less time for recovery.
Combined Surgery (Excision + Liposuction)
Enlarged breasts are the sign of excess fatty tissue instead of breast tissue. This condition can be easily corrected with a stringent diet and exercise. Puffy nipples associated with Gynecomastia can be treated with liposuction combined with chest reduction via glandular excision. The combination treatment aims at removing fat deposits or glandular tissues from the breasts and, if need be, the excess skin.
The results are effective. You will get a flatter and firmer chest that is in proportion with masculine body contour. If you are thinking of undergoing Gynecomastia surgery, our surgeon will help you make the right decision based on your expectations, physical presentation, and condition. Like any other cosmetic surgery procedure, the times for healing and final results are individualized.
How is a Gynecomastia surgery done?
It is important for candidates to know how the surgery is done. In this part, you will learn and understand how a male breast reduction procedure is performed to reduce the enlarged male breasts.
The main goal of this surgery is to restore a normal male breast contour and fix deformities in the area surrounding the areola, breast, and nipple. Surgical options are excision, liposuction, or a combination of both. Compared to the fatty tissue, glandular breast tissue is dense and inappropriate for liposuction. The choice of surgical method depends on the plausibility of skin redundancy after surgery. Remember that skin shrinkage is much more significant in young patients than older ones.
Let’s explore your options.
- Intra-areolar incision or Webster incision is the most common approach to treat overly large breast glands in the male. This type of incision stretches along the periphery in the bottom half area of the areola in the pigmented region.
- The incision depth depends on the anatomy of your body or breast.
- In some cases of severely enlarged male breast tissue, nipple transposition (nipple shifting) and skin resection (surgical removal of a section of a structure or an organ) might become necessary.
- In recent years, minimally invasive Gynecomastia has gained immense popularity. Making use of a “pull-through method,” a very small incision is made at the edge of the areolar to perform the surgery.
- In succession to liposuction, the glandular tissue from the overlapping areola is pulled via the incision. One of the most significant advantages of this type of male breast reduction surgery is the small incision. This technique is applied to well-selected patients.
Ultrasonic liposuction is an improvement to the outcomes of gynecomastia correction. There is a minimal compromise of nipple distortion, blood supply, and areola discard in liposuction-directed breast reduction.
Additionally, after-surgery risks are less with this method compared to open surgical resection. However, liposuction-directed breast reduction is not suitable for treating glandular Gynecomastia.
Results of Male Breast Reduction Surgery
Those considering the male breast reduction procedure must be wondering about the results. The outcomes of this surgery are permanent unless you gain a significant amount of weight. The liposuction method removes a part of fat cells from your chest region.
In this way, there is no growth of fat cells over time. Once the fat cells are removed from the chest area through either excisional or liposuction techniques, there is no possibility of Gynecomastia recurring.
Other Available Treatment Options
As mentioned above, if overly large breasts are because of inappropriate steaming of nipples in babies or because of fatty tissues, then it will resolve with time. In most cases, there is no need for treatment. However, if enlarged male breasts are because of underlying conditions like hormonal imbalance, malnutrition, hyperthyroidism, cirrhosis, or hypogonadism, the treatment requirement might arise.
If your routine includes the intake of drugs or medicines that can cause enlarged male breasts, your doctor might suggest substituting or stopping them with some other medication. Adolescents who have no apparent induction of Gynecomastia can be advised periodic assessments every three to six months to keep track of the condition.
The problem of Gynecomastia usually vanishes within two years without any treatment. Treatment might be needed if the condition causes tenderness, severe pain, or discomfort or does not dissolve independently.
Medications prescribed for treating some conditions such as breast cancer in men can treat enlarged male breasts. Two of the most common drugs are:
- Aromatase Inhibitors such as Anastrozole (Arimidex)
- Tamoxifen (Soltamox)
Even though FDA clears these drugs, they are not approved for treating patients suffering from enlarged male breasts. It is always a better option to undergo gynecomastia surgery than to consume medicinal drugs.
Conditions that Lead to Symptoms Same as Gynecomastia
Our surgeons do not rush the process. We make sure your breast mushrooming is because of Gynecomastia and not any other condition. Other conditions that can trigger similar symptoms include the following:
A Breast Abscess
An infection develops in the breast tissue,, making them appear protruding.
Fatty Breast Tissue
Some males, especially adults and teenagers, have deposits of fat in their breasts that give an illusion of Gynecomastia. However, this is not associated with Gynecomastia and needs no treatment.
It is not a frequent condition that can happen in men. However, doctors do check for it. The presence of a firm nodule or swelling up of one breast increases the chances of male breast cancer.
Who Is The Right Candidate For Male Breast Reduction Surgery?
- Men who have women-like breasts because of the adverse side-effect of some recreational or medicinal drugs.
- Men who have significant stress, inconvenience, or botheration about the appearance of their breasts.
- Males who have adequate elasticity and firm skin endorse improved body contours.
- Men who have good emotional and physical health irrespective of age.
Equally important is to have realistic expectations and a positive attitude, as it can make a difference to your recovery and overall health.
Who Should Not Undergo Gynecomastia Surgery?
- Drug abusers, smokers, and alcoholics should not undergo this procedure. If you have these habits, stop consuming this prior to considering a gynecomastia procedure.
- Obese men should consider exercise and dieting to reduce fat before the procedure.
Significance of Undergoing a Gynecomastia Surgery
You can consider this procedure if:
- Lack of skin elasticity
- You want to improve your chest contours.
- Feeling of physical discomfort because of fat deposits in the chest area.
- Uncomfortable with the presence of fat in the chest region.
- You want to remove excess glandular tissues that are the leading cause to make even lean men having overly large breasts.
- Unhappy with the looks and size of your breasts.
- You feel uncomfortable or awkward while going to the gym, swimming, or playing sports.
- You want to build and improve sensuality and self-confidence.
- You want to decrease the appearance of male boobs.
Potential of Male Breast Reduction Surgery
- It prevents amassing of future fat
- Make your chest appear firmer and flat with no visible scarring on the front after the procedure.
- Get rid of the issues of excessive breast gland and fat
- It gives an image of having an athletic build.
- Boosts self-esteem.
- It makes the body and chest appear more proportionate.
- Provides a look of fully toned pectorals.
Limitations Of the Procedure
- Putting on weight after male breast reduction surgery will compromise the results.
- If not done by a trained, experienced, and skilled surgeon, it can leave behind scars that will make you self-conscious.
Recovery After Male Breast Reduction Surgery
In most cases, Gynecomastia is performed as an outpatient surgery. After the procedure, you can do the following:
- Discomfort, swelling, and bruising might take fifteen days to a month to go away, and you will feel normal.
- As mentioned above, this swelling and bruising are temporary and will vanish as the recovery progresses.
- You will experience inconvenience, bruising, and swelling in the initial two or three days.
- You can slowly resume all sorts of physical activities in six to eight weeks; however, consult the surgeon before doing so.
- Make sure you use compression garments for a month after the procedure to maintain the contours.
- Though you can go for a walk, avoid brisk walks or jogging for the first two weeks or as suggested by the surgeon.
- Avoid sudden movements, weightlifting, and exhaustive exercise for about fifteen days.
- If you have a desk job, you can resume after seven to ten days of the procedure.
Risks With the Male Breast Reduction Surgery
Just like any other non-cosmetic or cosmetic surgery, there are some complications and risks related to male breast reduction surgery.
Following are the risks associated with Gynecomastia.
- Ongoing pain
- Blood clots formation
- Bleeding at the site
- Less sensation in the nipples
- Deep veins thrombosis
- Hematoma (blood clots collection that resembles bruising)
- Anesthesia risks
- Disproportionate bodily appearance as the result of the surgery
- Possibility of infection
However, if the procedure is performed by a trained, experienced, and board-certified surgeon, developing complications are unlikely. You can expect to get favorable results if you choose the right plastic surgeon.
What is the cost of Gynecomastia in Delhi?
When it comes to the know about gynecomastia surgery cost in Delhi or male breast reduction cost in Delhi, it depends on several factors. On average, the gynecomastia cost in Delhi vary widely in the national capital, Delhi (India). The cost of surgery depends on factors like Gynecomastia grade, the surgeon you choose, the type of surgery, and whether you combine it with other cosmetic surgery procedures. You can get to know about the cost of the procedure after consulting the plastic surgeon.
Type of Procedures Suggested